Name: Sylvie RUETTE
Date of birth: March 7, 1975
Back to main page and address
Present position : maître de conférences (associate
professor) at University Paris-Sud 11 since October 2003.
Academic qualifications, post-doc, habilitation
||Habilitation at University Paris-Sud 11 (defence:
November 2011). Title: "Dynamics in dimension 1 - Interval maps,
rotation set of topological graphs".
Commitee: Jérôme Buzzi, Sylvain Crovisier, Jacek Graczyk (referee), Patrice Le Calvez (referee), Jérôme Los, Michal Misiurewicz (referee).
|| One-month stay at the
University of New South Wales
(Sydney, Australia) and collaboration with Tony Dooley on the theme
of AC-entropy in Bratteli diagrams.
|| Post-doct position in the mathematics department of the
Universitat Autònoma de
Barcelona. Project title: "Topological dynamics in one-dimensional
spaces". Project responsible:
|| Two-month stay at the Universidad de
Chile (Santiago, Chile)
and collaboration with Alejandro
Maass on the theme of Li-Yorke pairs.
|| Ph.D. thesis of mathematics (defense: November 2001) then end of my
research fellowship at
Institut de Mathématiques de Luminy (Marseilles). Ph.D. title: "Chaos in topological dynamics, in
particular on the interval, measures of maximal entropy".
Supervisor: François Blanchard.
|| Agrégation (competitive examination to become teacher)
|| Studies in the
École Normale Supérieure de
Lyon (tertiary institution, the admission to which is based on a limited
annual admission involving a stringent selection criteria).
Teaching and responsabilities
- Lectures and tutorials in differential equations for 3rd students in
- Lectures and tutorials in geometry in year 0 (transition year between high school and first year studies for students with a non scientific high school diploma): 2015-2019.
- Tutorials in analysis in year 0: 2018-2019.
- Tutorials in analysis for first-year students: 2018-2019.
- Tutorials in Fourier series and geometry for second-year students in
Lectures and tutorials in dynamical systems for a small group of
3rd year students in maths: 2005-2006 and 2012-2017.
- Tutorials in linear algebra for 1st year students: 2015-2017.
Basic probability and statistics for 3rd year students: lectures (2013-2015) and
- Basic probability lectures for 5th year students preparing "agrégation"
(competitive examination to become teacher): 2004-2010 and 2012-2014.
Lectures and tutorials in differential equations for a small group of first year students:
Lectures of discrete mathematics (number theory and graph theory)
for 1st year students: 2005-2012.
Tutorials of topology and differential calculus for second year students:
Tutorials of calculus for first year students:
Lectures and tutorials in graph theory for a small group of first and second year students:
Lectures and tutorial in analysis and linear algreba
for a small group of first year students: 2003-2005.
- Tutorials of analysis for first year students:
- Supervisor of a master thesis (Alba Málaga, 2010-2011, title of the
dissertation: Dynamics of maps of degree different from 1 on graphs
with one loop).
- Supervisor of projects (initiation to research) of 3rd and 4th year
Responsible of the software aimed to manage
registrations, marks and results
for master Fundamental Mathematics and Applications (4th and 5th years)
for 11 years (from 2005-2006 to 2015-2016).
Coordinator Socrates/Erasmus in mathematics for 7 years (2003-2010).
During my Ph.D. (University Aix-Marseille II): 64 hours per year of tutorials for first year students for 3 years (1999-2002).
5 sabbatical semesters, in 2006-2007, 2010-2011, 2011-2012, 2014-2015
Last revised on January 27, 2019.