I am "chargé de recherche" at the CNRS at the Laboratoire de Mathématiques d'Orsay, in the Topology and Dynamics team.
Here you can find a CV.
Laboratoire de Mathématiques d'Orsay
Université Paris Sud, Batiment 307
F-91405 Orsay Cedex, France
Tel: +33 1 69 15 57 76
E-mail: camille.horbez "at" math.u-psud.fr
I have interests in geometric group theory, in particular in the study of the group Out(F_N) of outer automorphisms of a free group through its action on geometric complexes, such as Outer space or some hyperbolic complexes, and more generally of automorphism groups of free products. I've also been working on random walks on mapping class groups of surfaces, and on Out(F_N).
- Algebraic laminations for free products and arational trees, with V. Guirardel, accepted in Alg. Geom. Topol. [arXiv version]
- Morphisms from higher rank lattices to Out(F_N), avec V. Guirardel, appendix to the article "Hyperbolic rigidity of higher rank lattices" by T. Haettel, accepted in Ann. Scient. Ec. Norm. Sup. [arXiv version]
- A compactification of outer space which is an absolute retract, avec M. Bestvina, accepted in Ann. Inst. Fourier [version arXiv]
- Spectral theorems for random walks on mapping class groups and Out(F_N), with F. Dahmani, Int. Math. Res. Not. 9 (2018), 2693-2744 [article, version arXiv]
- Central limit theorems for mapping class groups and Out(F_N), Geom. Topol. 22(1) (2018), 105-156 [paper, arXiv version]
- The boundary of the outer space of a free product, Israel J. Math. 221(1) (2017), 179-234 [paper, arXiv version]
- The hyperbolicity of the sphere complex via surgery paths, with A. Hilion, J. Reine Angew. Math. 730 (2017), 135-161 [paper, arXiv version]
- The horoboundary of outer space, and growth under random automorphisms, Ann. Scient. Ec. Norm. Sup. (4) 49(5) (2016), 1075-1123 [paper, arXiv version]
- A short proof of Handel and Mosher's alternative for subgroups of Out(F_N), Groups Geom. Dyn. 10(2) (2016), 709-721 [paper, arXiv version]
- Hyperbolic graphs for free products, and the Gromov boundary of the graph of cyclic splittings, J. Topol. 9(2) (2016), 401-450 [paper, arXiv version]
- The Poisson boundary of Out(F_N), Duke Math. J. 165(2) (2016), 341-369 [paper, arXiv version]
- Spectral rigidity for primitive elements of F_N, J. Group Theory 19(1) (2016), 55-123. [paper, arXiv version]
- Automorphisms of graphs of cyclic splittings of F_N, with R.D. Wade, Geom. Dedic. 178(1) (2015), 171-187. [paper, arXiv version]
- Sphere paths in outer space, Alg. Geom. Topol. 12(4) (2012), 2493-2517. [paper, arXiv version]
- My thesis: Random walks on Out(F_N) and automorphism groups of free products
Here are the links to the videos of my `Cours Peccot': I gave four lectures at the Collège de France in January 2018 on "Asymptotic geometry of the outer automorphism group of a free group" (in French).